SOME HISTORICAL FACTS...
Firstly, a few historical notes obtained
from the Historical Monuments board.
1617, the non-Greek heads of families decided collectively
to launch a subscription for the construction of a church
for the Roman Catholic faith.
A certain Antoine
Andreani at that time donated a plot of land. But times were
Work on the building
only started eight years later. The construction work lasted
from 1825 to 1828.
"Help" was even required from the Ministry of Religion.
Documents in the archives mention repairs
undertaken on several occasions.
For instance, in 1835 the roof was blown off by the wind and
in 1845 the interior fittings had still not been completed.
Lastly, the erection of the bell tower was only started in